CedarCreek Estate Winery was purchased in 1986 and provided the first release of wines in 1987. The winery was one of the first eight in BC and considered one of the pioneering wineries of the area. It has produced some of the top wines form the area and has earned the honour of "Canada's Winery of the Year" twice.
CedarCreek produces many different wines including:
- Pinot Blanc
- Pinot Gris
- And others!
They are known for using only the highest quality grapes to produce amazing wines. Two tiers of wines are produces with only the very best designated at Platinum wines.
The grapes are carefully grown and finessed instead of just produced. They believe this helps to elevate the wine to its' full potential. Current wines available from CedarCreek include:
- 2012 Platinum Desert Ridge Meritage
- 2012 Platinum Desert Ridge Merlot
- 2012 Platinum Block 2 Pinot Noir
- 2012 Platinum Block 4 Pinot Noir
- 2014 Proprietor's White
- 2013 Riesling
- 2014 Pinot Gris
- 2013 Ehrenfelser
- 2013 Chardonnay
- 2013 Platinum Block 3 Riesling
- 2013 Platinum Block 5 Chardonnay
- And Many More!
The winery is also known for holding Sunset Concerts at CedarCreek. These concerts provide an opportunity to see the winery and enjoy talented artists. There is a three-course dinner before the concert, as well. Upcoming Sunset Concerts include:
- Emerson Drive - Thursday, July 30th
- Tom Cochrane with Red Rider - Thursday, August 27th
Both of these concerts promise to provide plenty of fun at the winery.
Wine Shop and Tours
If you want to enjoy a tour and a tasting at CedarCreek Estate Winery, you can. Wine shop hours include:
- 11am to 7pm daily from May 1st to June 30th
- 10am to 7pm from July 1st to September 30th
- 11am to 5pm from October 1st to April 30th
Tours are held daily at 11am, 1pm and 3pm from May 1st to October 14th. You can also enjoy a tour from October 15th to April 30th for groups only by appointment.