Top 10 Things Most Experienced Real Estate Agents Can Help You With
1. Negotiating. Although negotiation is something that can be taught there is only one real advantage to mastering the negotiation skills and that is through experience. As an experienced real estate agent I have been in many negotiating situations and circumstances and I believe this experience can help you with your real estate needs.
2. Understanding and knowing consumer. For someone new to the real estate business and especially sales, having the ability to read or understand what the consumer may be objecting to can possibly stop the closing of the sale. For the real estate professional who has experience understanding and reading human behavior and personality styles is an asset to have on your team and to help expedite the selling process.
3. Repeat business. Unfortunately new real estate agents do not have their cliental or consumer date base built up in their pipeline for customers they have worked with in the past. The experienced real estate generally has many contacts and leads that they have worked with throughout the years who can guide them and direct them in the right direction for getting the maximum time.
4. Knowing the market. Experienced real estate agents tend to have a better feel for know the marketing, where prices should bring on properties and for a buyer if you are putting too high for a price.
5. Helping to avoid legal pitfalls. Unfortunately many new agents have not had the experience or expertise to negotiate a lot of real estate deals. Some agents when they are in the business may not understand when the presentation of two offers come in at the same time can constitute an accepted contract on both offers it can be a dangerous and tricky situation for the new agent and seller (who is still liable for the agents actions in many states). An experienced agent will know how to structure a counter offer when dual contracts come in.
6. Experienced agents have more contacts with vendors and other people who will be working on your behalf during the closing process. A good experienced agent who has been around for several years has probably built up a good rapport with a local title company and the buyers themselves. If an appraisal needs a rush or a title commitment has a problem that needs to be corrected experienced agents know who to go to and how to help get these problems resolved very quickly with very few headaches.
7. Experienced agents have usually crossed certain situations and or problems before and are familiar with how to “solve” such problems. You can always draw from the experienced agents years of service to help you with your real estate transaction and the difficulties that may arise.
8. Stability! Most experienced agents have a stability that you can count on while your property is listed.
9. Marketing power. An experienced agent will normally have the marketing power and database of clients and customers to help promote your property. Relying on someone who knows where and how to market your real estate is essential for positive results. 10. Proven track record! Most experienced agents have a proven track record that shows when it comes to selling real estate; they can get the job done!
This article has been written by John D. Mayfield ABR, ABRM, GRI, e-PRO, CRB.
Contact us to get an experienced real estate agent on your side.
The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.